Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pretty cool stuff here in Uganda.
A teenage boy name Johnson came up to me and was asking about my family. During my testimony when I talked about not growing up with a father, he then asked about my mother. I told him I still had her in my life. His response was about how lucky I was. He had lost both his mother and father to aids. In my mind the term broken families was begining to be redefined.

The People of northern Uganda's lives had been torn apart by a rebel force called the LRA (Lords resistence army). If you have seen the documentary ¨Invisible Children¨ then you already have been exposed to the horrific abuses Joseph Koney has subjected these people too. Its some of the most disheartening scenes I have ever witnessed as chilren openly beat other smaller children...its as though by fear they had been trained that violence was their only means of survival.

No comments: